Senior Account Executive
Sorry, there are no Senior Account Executive openings available at this time. Please check back soon.
Public Relations Firm Senior Account Executive Opening
Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc. (KSA)
Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc. (KSA) (www.ksapr.com), an award-winning Chicago public relations firm specializing in public affairs-oriented public relations, is growing. We’re looking for a strategic, talented and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive to work with our association, nonprofit and corporate clients.
KSA and its clients look toward the Senior Account Executive for ongoing strategic communications counsel, high-level writing and project management. At KSA, we offer a fast-paced environment with a front-row seat for the some of the most vital public policy issues of the day. The Senior Account Executive is a member of the KSA account team and reports to the Account Supervisor.
KSA specializes in issues-oriented communications for associations, nonprofits and corporations that communicate about policy and advocacy in the public arena. Founded in 1994, our award-winning firm is privileged to represent clients who meet the gold standard in their industries. Our team has earned a reputation for first-rate strategic thinking, excellent client service, exceptional writing and generating results through effective communications and media outreach campaigns.
KSA won the Publicity Club of Chicago’s annual Platinum Award in 2010 for excellence in communications. The firm’s culture is entrepreneurial, and each team member works to live up to the firm’s tagline: Smart … Passionate … Ingenious.
Key duties of this position include:
- Playing a key role in strategizing and implementing multi-faceted public relations campaigns.
- Taking ownership of and managing multiple simultaneous projects and account details, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Continuously pursuing and consistently demonstrating excellence in grammar, spelling and fine writing.
- Regularly writing original documents whose purposes are to persuade the reader, such as: memos or pitch letters to creatively convey the client’s position; memos or e-mails to introduce a novel concept or communications idea to a client; and scripts, talking points or news media materials that demonstrate the originality and/or news value of a topic.
- Helping to plan and lead team efforts at events such as news conferences, focus groups and media training.
- Searching for new ways to communicate the client’s messages through traditional and new media.
- Supporting the firm’s new business development efforts through networking, and writing proposals and presentations.
The KSA Senior Account Executive must be a strong writer, a consistent idea generator and a keen strategist. The person must be able to understand the communications needs for a variety of clients and excel in a team atmosphere. At KSA, the Senior Account Executive has daily contact with clients, and has to meet and anticipate the client’s needs. At KSA, our team members do more than act as order-takers for clients. We understand what’s important to our clients and exceed their expectations on a daily basis.
At KSA, we’re “news junkies” who think it’s fun to follow current events and are cognizant of the major players in the political world and business community. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Chicago media market, established media relationships, and the ability to recommend how KSA can best use communications to position its clients. And, the person must possess a strong understanding of social media and its growing importance in every communications campaign.
The ideal candidate will have experience in media, social media and issues-oriented public relations, and will have at least 3-5 years of public relations/public affairs experience, preferably in an agency.
To Apply for the Position
We offer an extraordinary opportunity to the right person to develop skills and grow professionally. Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package. Anyone interested in applying for this job should forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.