Sorry, there are no Account Supervisor openings available at this time. Please check back soon.
Public Relations Firm Account Supervisor Opening
Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc. (KSA)
Looking for a challenging, meaningful management position in PR? Join Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc., (www.ksapr.com), a growing Loop PR firm that specializes in public affairs-oriented public relations. You can shape and manage communications strategies for clients that make a difference on some of the most important and interesting matters of the day.
Role of the Account Supervisor
The KSA Account Supervisor manages a team of smart, passionate and ingenious communications professionals in day-to-day activities for multiple clients. KSA’s mission is to serve clients in the most effective manner possible, on time, within budget and with outstanding service and creativity.
The Account Supervisor is a pivotal player in managing clients’ most important issues, and takes a lead role in setting strategic communications plans, implementing communications campaigns, creating new business proposals and executing high-level communications tactics.
The Account Supervisor reports to the Vice President.
Key duties of this position include:
- Managing relationships between KSA and clients;
- Providing high-level strategic communications counsel to clients;
- Developing public affairs and public relations strategies for clients, and managing the implementation of those strategies;
- Strategizing and writing original high-level documents for clients, as well as new business proposals;
- Initiating programs, tactics and other recommendations for clients;
- Supervising account executives’ client service activities;
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget;
- Assigning, editing and approving for release to clients all assignments completed by staff;
- Training staff;
- Coaching account team members as they develop communications skills;
- Continuously pursuing and consistently demonstrating excellence in grammar, spelling and fine writing;
- Creating ideas for new business opportunities, and managing new business-related assignments for account staff, in collaboration with KSA’s President and Vice President; and
- Conducting all projects in the spirit of KSA’s mission and its tagline, “Smart, Passionate and Ingenious.”
Agency experience is required, and management experience preferred. Superior editing, writing, strategic thinking, client management and media relations experience required. Understanding and experience in new business development practices desired. Entrepreneurial spirit a plus.
This position is tailor-made for self-starters and leaders who can anticipate client opportunities – and problems – before they arise. Ideally, the Account Supervisor is a “news junkie” who has an interest in a variety of public policy issues.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
To Apply for this Position
Anyone interested in applying for this job should forward the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
Kathy Schaeffer and Associates, Inc. (www.ksapr.com) is a Chicago public relations firm specializing in issues-oriented communications for corporations, associations and nonprofits that communicate about policy and advocacy in the public arena. Founded in 1994, our award-winning firm is privileged to represent clients who meet the gold standard in their industries. Our team has earned a reputation for first-rate strategic thinking, excellent client service and generating results through effective communications and media outreach campaigns. In 2010, KSA won the Publicity Club of Chicago’s Platinum Award for excellence in communications. The firm’s culture is entrepreneurial, and each team member works to live up to the firm’s tagline: Smart … passionate … ingenious.
# # #